Welcome to Year 1
Summer Term 2021
- Miss Robson - Teacher
- Mrs Kenneally - Teaching Assistant
- PE lessons take place on Tuesday and Thursday
- Reading books can be changed on the day specified on your child's record.
- Outdoor learning at least once every 2 week.
Talk4Wrting - Fiction text – We Are Going On A Bear Hunt
Grammar – Plurals and Conjunctions.
Multiplication and Sharing
Problem Solving involving Multiplication
Bugs, Insects and Invertebrates
We will be going outside during different lessons, including maths and English.
History – Castles
Geography – WeatherMusic
Art / Design Technology (DT)
Numbers to 10Religious Education (RE)
Physical Education (PE)/Games*
Basketball and Cool CoreComputing
MyMaths and SPAG.com
Both will be set on a Friday, due the following Friday.
Spellings set Thursday tested following Thursday
Practical ways to support your child’s learning:
- Encourage your child to develop independence in practical organisational skills.
- Encourage the development of general knowledge through awareness of world and current affairs.
- Continue to hear your child read aloud on a regular basis.
- Encourage your child to make their own decisions in practical situations.
- Set practical tasks to enable your child to apply their learning to new contexts.