The School Day
The Nursery day runs from 8:55am -12:00 noon. Children are able to enter from 8:45am onwards for soft start activities. Between 12:00 noon and 1pm, we offer the option for children to join the Nursery Lunch Club for a small fee. From September 2018, The JK Club will extend the wraparound provision they offer to include the pick up of Nursery children from 1pm each day.
The Main School
8:45-8:55am: Children enter their classes for soft start activities
8:55am: External doors are closed and registers are taken - children arriving after 8:55am must be taken to the school office to be signed in
10:45-11:00am: Break time
12:00-1:00pm: Reception and KS1 lunchtime
12:15-1:15pm: KS2 lunchtime
1:00-3:15pm: Reception and KS1 afternoon sessions (children take a short comfort break during the afternoon)
1:15-3:15pm: KS2 afternoon sessions
We encourage children to bring a healthy snack to school such as fruit. Please note that nuts, cakes, sweets or crisps etc are not permitted. We also encourage the children to bring a bottle of water into class to drink during lessons, especially when the weather is hot.
- The school office must be informed by 9.30am if your child is unwell and will not be attending school that day. When your child returns to school, a reason for all absences must be provided either through a written note to the class teacher or an email to the school office.
- All other requests for absence must be detailed on a Leave of Absence form available from the school office or from this website (under the tab Parents - Letters and Forms). This includes absences for music exams, secondary school exams, medical appointments etc.
- We expect all children to maintain a consistently good standard of punctuality to ensure that they gain fully from lessons. Punctuality is monitored on a half termly basis by the Headteacher and Deputy Head.
- Please ensure that your child's belongings are clearly labelled.
- All medication must be clearly labelled and clear instructions for administration provided.
- Any long term medical conditions (asthma, allergies etc) that require the school to keep medication on a permanent basis must be detailed on a medical condition form.